Campus Life & Student Affairs
Volunteering at the LGBTA Resource Center
Volunteers help establish a safe, supportive and educational environment for all. Volunteers are a vital resource and are necessary in order to ensure the center is open throughout the day
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Fill out an application.
- To serve as first point of contact when students, faculty, staff and visitors enter the center
- Perform administrative duties including answering phones and maintaining a clean environment
- Present yourself and the office professionally
- Provide resources and referral tools to students in need of extra support
- Attend monthly volunteer meetings as well as participate in the newsletter, outreach and safe zone programs
- Assist in revising printed and online materials
- Assist in researching topics on LGBTA subjects
- Work individually or in groups to design posters to be hung on our bulletin boards
The Center is open every weekday from 9:00 am -5:00 pm. Each day volunteers are needed to staff the center. Volunteers are asked to adhere to an agreed upon schedule depending on availability each semester. Students are required to volunteer for a minimum of 3 hours per week.
- Must be an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at Keuka College
- Must be willing to serve as a positive support resource for the LGBTA community on and around campus
- Must agree to treat others with respect and dignity.
Resource Center information
Location: Dahlstrom Student Center
Mon., Wed., & Fri. 9am – 4pm
Tue. & Thur. 9:30am – 4pm
Phone: (315) 279-5210
Jacob Banas, Student Coordinator
Advisor: Chevanne DeVaney, Director of Multicultural Affairs
This page was printed on 12/20/2013 from