Campus Life & Student Affairs
The Office of Campus Safety provides 24-hour security guard coverage for Keuka College, and is dedicated to providing the safest learning, living, and working environment for the Keuka College community, using a pro-active community policing philosophy.
Officers are available to help students, assist residence hall staff in the enforcement of campus policy, protect against trespassers and unwanted visitors on campus, and provide crowd and traffic control at special events.
Officers routinely patrol the campus and are responsible for securing buildings and conducting fire safety checks in common areas of residence halls and college buildings.
All Keuka College security officers are New York state certified and receive annual in-service training.
Services of Security Officers
- Protect and assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors on campus.
- Investigate, document, and report suspicious activities and crimes.
- Deter unauthorized persons from entering, loitering, or soliciting in areas where they have no legitimate business. Verify that persons found in locked or closed buildings are authorized to be in those areas.
- Regularly tour buildings and grounds to identify and report mechanical malfunctions, fire hazards, security risks, and other dangers. Lock/unlock buildings as required.
- Secure emergency scenes pending the arrival of qualified public safety officials and assist emergency responders as needed.
- Enforce school, safety, and parking regulations and document violations for judicial review.
- Provide escort services for students, faculty, staff, and visitors upon request.
- Check identification of and assist persons locked out of their room and/or requesting a room or building to be opened.
- Provide crowd and traffic control during sports and special events.
- Jumpstart disabled vehicles upon request.
- Maintain lost and found property as required by the laws of New York State.
- Location: Dahlstrom
- Phone: (315) 279-5250
- Cell Phone: (315) 694-0268
- Emergency: (315) 279-5911
The Office of Campus Safety is open 24/7, 365 days per year.
Emergency Alert Notifications
Clery Act Documents
Reports from the 2011-12 academic year will be posted as soon as they have been returned from the Department of Education.
This page was printed on 12/06/2013 from