Fire Safety & Prevention
- Do not smoke or burn candles or incense in your room.
- Do not use halogen bulbs or lamps.
- Do not leave cooking unattended. (Cook only in designated areas.)
- Do not cover or disable smoke detectors.
- Do not prop fire doors open at any time.
- Do not block or hang anything from sprinkler heads and pipes.
- Do not use holiday string lights.
- Do not use extension cords without built in circuit protection.
- Do not block exits or hallways.
- Do not use appliances with exposed heating elements in your room.
- Use the stairs. NEVER use an elevator. Even if it appears to be working, it could shut down at any time with you inside.
- Know two ways out of your building.
- Test doorknobs and spaces around the door with your hand. If the door is warm, try another escape route. If it is cool, open it slowly. Slam it shut if smoke comes in.
- If you have a guest staying with you, familiarize him/her with escape routes and assembly points. Remember, you are responsible for your guest’s safety.
- If you know someone needs help evacuating and, if you are able, help him/her to a stairwell and notify the Fire Department that a person needs help immediately.
- False alarms are dangerous and illegal. Tell an officer or your RA if anyone you know is responsible.
Download the Residence Hall Fire Safety brochure.
- Location: Dahlstrom
- Phone: (315) 279-5250
- Cell Phone: (315) 694-0268
- Emergency: (315) 279-5911
The Office of Campus Safety is open 24/7, 365 days per year.
Emergency Alert Notifications
Clery Act Documents
The Clery Report is available in print upon request to the Office of Campus Safety
This page was printed on 09/01/2015 from